Saturday, May 24, 2008

HOME!!





Here are a couple of pictures from the airport when we arrived in St. Louis. There were at least 30 people there waiting to meet Zach! It was amazing (especially since it was after 10:00 p.m.). Zach did so good on the flight home. He is such a good boy. We have been home two days now and it is just wonderful. He is already calling me momma. That actually started before we left Guatemala. His foster mom showed him my picture and talked about me to him so I think that helped. I can't even begin to tell you how I felt the first time he said it. I felt as though my heart was going to explode with happiness. I have been waiting a lifetime to hear those words come out of a little one. I still feel like I am dreaming!

He is adjusting well to his new home and family. My family has been over helping and playing with Zach and he is loving it! His buddy is Uncle Jerry. They bonded so much on the trip.

I have been trying to find the words to express how thankful I am to my family and friends for helping me throughout this long process. You have all been there for me rather it was good news or bad news with always something positive to say to help me through it. You are all amazing and I am truly blessed to have you in my life! Zach will know that he has this big extended family that will be there for us no matter what! I thank the good Lord that he has brought you all in to my life. I do want to give a big thank you to Pastor Michael and Rose because they are the ones who helped me down the path of adoption and to my wonderful adoption agency. Not only that, they have become my great friends.

Tomorrow is the big day that Zach gets to meet all of his church family! They have prayed for him for so long and now they get to see him. I am excited about that! I only wish Pastor Michael and Rose were going to be there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You look so happy. I can only imagine the joy it must have felt to finally get to meet him and hold him. It was long awaited, but well worth the wait. You will be a great mommy.

Diana Smith