Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Embassy Day




Here's a couple pictures by the pool! Today was a good day. Zach slept fairly well last night. Only woke up a couple of times and didn't really fuss much. We had a quick breakfast because we had to be at the Embassy so early. Zach ate scrambled eggs and loved them. The Embassy went well. It reminded me of a DMV. They asked three questions. Then I had to go out and wait. Then I got called to the window to swear that I answered truthfully and they wanted to know if I plan on changing Zach's name (which his name is Anibal right now and will be his middle name when I change it to Zach). We were back at the hotel by 9:30 or so. We got Uncle Jerry and we walked down to a little grocery store and bought some Gerber baby food. He loves that too! Then we came back and chilled at the pool. Zach loves being outside. He enjoyed himself so much he took a 1 1/2 to 2 hour nap at the pool. The waiter couldn't believe how long he slept. We came back up to the room and played with toys the rest of the evening. I gave him a bath and he is sleeping soundly.
While I was sitting at the Embassy I could not help looking at Zach and crying and thanking the Lord for the most beautiful little blessing! I prayed so hard for so many years for this. I keep pinching myself to make sure that I am not dreaming. Veronica, Zach's foster mom said that he is lucky to have a family who will love him lots. I told her that I think that I am the lucky one.
Please continue to pray for all the children here in Guatemala. Pray for the families that are in PGN. Pray that something is done right away so that the cases can start moving again. It is sad for the families, but really sad for the children who need to be with them. Please say an extra prayer for my friend Tonya, Bella's Mom. She needs to bring Bella home soon!
Can't wait to get home so that you can all see Zach in person! You will fall in love just like I did. Uncle Jerry says he is going to miss seeing him every day when we get home! I think the two of them had so much fun playing tonight. Well, I think I am going to bed. Big day tomorrow. I get to pick up Zach's Visa and Passport. Then maybe a little shopping and of course time around the pool (which we are going to miss tremendously). Love you all!

3 comments:

Tonya Boster said...

Have a safe trip home and enjoy your little blessing! Thanks for the prayers!

Take care,

Tonya
Arabella's Mommy

Ann said...

Congratulations Beth! He is adorable. I'm so happy for you! We will pray for you to have a safe trip home. I look forward to meeting little Zach. God Bless!

Ann Blotna Crane

Tina said...

Wow Beth he's adorable and you sound so happy, I'm glad you've finally been blessed and can't wait to see the two of you in person. Have Fun at the pool and a safe trip home!