Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Last Day In Guatemala















Today was our last day in Guatemala. It went very well. Zach is such a great baby! We went to the Embassy and picked up his Visa and passport. So, there's no turning back for him (lol). We just hung out today and shopped a little. When we came to our room this afternoon there was a bag with my name on it sitting on the bed. It was from Zach's foster mom, Veronica. She sent me and Jerry each a gift, some Guatemalan candy and a couple of Zach's toys that he likes along with his toothbrush. She also had her husband call me tonight (he speaks English). She wanted to say goodbye to me and to Zach. She asked at first if she could come say goodbye in the morning, then she decided it would be too hard for both of them. She did have him ask for my e-mail address so that she can keep in touch to see how Zach is doing. I promised to e-mail her pictures. She tried to apologize for bothering me, but I told her she is not a bother. I know that she loves Zach very much. She raised him for the past year (and did a great job). My heart goes out to her! It takes a very special person to be a foster parent.

Well, I guess that is all from Guatemala. The next post you see will be from the U.S. Love you all. See some of you tomorrow night at the airport!


"When they placed you in my arms and I looked into your face, I felt our hearts melt into one ~ a miracle took place. My prayer was finally answered, though delayed, 'twas not denied ~ the pain of love unanswered, in a moment's time subsides. God's plan seemed hard to understand. The circle's now complete. He placed the heavens in my arms, so precious and so sweet. Though you grew within another, my soul and yours were one. We united in God's loving heart before life had begun. I received a priceless treasure ~ this adopted child I love... a gift of joy and happiness to me from God above."

1 comment:

froglady1986 said...

Beth,
Your adopted Brewer sisters can't wait to meet your little man. He is beautiful. God has answered all of your prayers and we will all continue to pray for you and Zach. Don't be pinching yourself to hard, will leave bruises. LOL Cherious ever moment and take lots of pictures. Scrapbooking could become your next hobby. LOL
WE LOVE YOU BUNCHES AND ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU.
Brenda and the 5 other Brewers.