Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More of My Story


First I wanted to share my favorite picture of Zach with you. This picture makes me want to reach in and pick him up.
I wanted to tell you how I made the decision to adopt and where Zach's name came from. For several years I tried to adopt from the U.S. but did not have any luck because I am single. After lots of frustration and being upset all the time I started looking in to International Adoption and was drawn to Guatemala. I went to talk with my friends Pastor Michael and Rose. Rose told me about an agency that she use to work for in Kentucky that did International Adoptions. I was so excited that I went home and printed out the application from that agency. Over the next few days I filled out the application and prayed over it making sure I was making the right decision. One night I had a dream that I went to pick up my child. When I arrived home there were several friends and family at the airport to greet us. I introduced everyone to my son Zachary. I knew the next morning that this was exactly what I was suppose to do. After my application was accepted I went through a phone orientation. I was asked if I wanted a boy or girl. I told them it didn't matter. They told me that I would get a boy then. Right then I knew for sure that the path I am going down is exactly where I am suppose to be. It has not been an easy road so far, but I think we appreciate things a lot more if they don't come easy for us. Plus the reward at the end is worth every bump and hill. I have the best support system with family and friends. They are my strength to get through every day until the day I get to pick up my little guy and I am so very thankful for each and every one of them. Zach is so loved by each and every one of them already and they have not even met him yet.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Beth,

I am so happy that you started this blog. You never know who your story is going to touch. I keep praying for the both of you and can't wait to see the post that your flying off to go and get that handsome young man!

Lynette

Dianne said...

Beth:
What a wonderful idea to keep all of us in the loop. Count me as one of the friends who can't wait to meet the little guy! Prayers work! Zach is a lucky little guy!

Fellow SMP!

Dianne