Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trip to the Zoo





















Zach got to go to the St. Louis Zoo for the first time. It was so much fun! He thought every animal said "Mooo". He seemed to really enjoy it. The day was absolutely beautiful. He also got to ride a carousel for the first time. He smiled the entire time.

Even though I missed the first year of his life, it is awesome to think about all the "firsts" he will be having with me. I know the holidays will be so much better than they have been in a long time. I haven't put a tree up in a couple of years and have not looked forward to Christmas in many years, but this year it will all be different. So much better! I'm actually excited about Christmas morning, not dreading it. He has brought so much meaning to my life. It is amazing how one little person can do that! Out of all the prayers that I have ever had answered, I am so thankful that this one was (not that I'm not thankful for the rest, but this is the one that I have had the longest)!




1 comment:

Daphne said...

Oh... your post is so sweet and so true! You will enjoy each moment of mommy-hood from this day forward! How lucky are we? :)